A unique approach to urban renewal, Australia Post StarTrack House on Cleveland Street, serves as an example of how to renew commercial buildings to ensure greater longevity and usability.
Prior to its refurbishment, Australia Post's NSW Headquarters was within a 30 year old, 28,000sqm building that was operating at a NABERS Office Base Building Energy Rating of only 2 Stars. Carr Design Group refurbished the building so that it could be more engaging within its surrounding context, provide greater thermal performance and house more efficient office accommodation.
- Rigorous ESD initiatives
- Use of recycled and reclaimed materials
- Use of low VOC and low embodied energy materials
- Creation of the largest solar array in inner Sydney
- An upgrade to performance double glazed windows around the entire perimeter
- A reduction of Australia Post's workplace occupancy
- Minimal waste from churn work and location built form towards the core of the building
- 90% of all work settings are reachable by daylight reducing energy and lighting requirements
- Local supply and manufacture in the materials and furniture
- OH&S requirements, ergonomics and accessibility
- An improvement of end of trip facilities