The Pacific Island inspired beachside sustainable home within Seaside Village on the Tweed Coast stands for an architectural platform built with a mix of natural materials, classic design features, sustainable living & strong connections to its flawless beachside setting.
There is a clear synergy between all elements that offers a truly liveable, captivating & quirky home. Every element has been carefully chosen, with long term sustainability in mind.
Situated on a 603sqm north facing allotment this sustainable homes design and orientation allows the owner to capitalise on cheaper utility costs through passive heating and cooling.
This home features soaring raked ceilings with exposed rafters, a rustic timber feature beam, 30 degree pitched roof with cleverly placed high louvres to expel hot air during summer months.
- 55mm Permastop foil back blanket R1.3 to the underside of the roof sheet
- Bradford Gold Batts R3 to ceilings including garage and raked area
- Specific down lights used, avoiding large holes cut in the Insulation to maintain clearances
- Raked ceilings with VJ - Easy Craft easy VJ -9mm E0 water resistant MDF board manufactured using AFS COC timbers and manufactured in Brisbane
- External Cladding 100% James Hardie building Systems- Mix of Scyon Linea and EasyLap
- Bradford Gold Batts R2 to all external walls and the garage divider walls
- LVL Glue lam beams with low VOC glues and binders
- Internal thermal mass wall
- A Double Glazed Low E Fixed Velux roof skylight
- All Lighting is LED
- Non toxic Zero VOC Rockcote paints
- An Energy Elite Classic energy monitoring system has been installed in the main living so that the occupants can track in real time their energy usage
- Atlantis Corp - Matrix tanks - Stormwater infiltration pit
- Drip irrigation system is installed from the 5000L water tank
Photography by C & M Media