Waterco introduces a new range of environment-friendly heat pumps designed for pool heating applications.
Given the increased interest in environment-friendly and cost-effective pools, more and more pool owners are recognising the various benefits of heating pools with heat pumps.
According to Adam Shelley, Zane Solar & Heating Manager, Waterco’s Electroheat MKIII is a new generation heat pump for swimming pool heating, built with ozone friendly R410A refrigerant, which not only is kinder to the environment, but also improves the heat pump’s performance.
Realising the immense and continuous benefits of heat pumps, a greater number of Australians are installing them as pool heaters for their swimming pools.
In addition to the obvious sustainability advantages, heat pumps offer pool owners added benefits such as cost effectiveness and efficiency in the heating of pools. Heat pumps are designed to extract heat from ambient air and use that heat to produce hot water, unlike solar pool heating systems, which rely on seasonal direct sunlight to heat water.
A key advantage of heat pumps is that they use just a fraction of the energy to generate the same amount of heat compared to gas and electric systems. Though heat pumps take longer than gas heaters to warm up the pool or spa water, they are much more economical and will also maintain the heating as well as gas heaters.
Heat pumps cost a lot less to operate because they just transfer existing heat rather than burn fuels such as natural gas or propane, helping users to save up to 80% over LPG and 50% over natural gas.
Key features of Electroheat MKIII heat pumps:
- Designed for user-friendly operation and maintenance
- LED control panel features a continuous digital pool temperature display with self-diagnosis feature
- Control panel displays diagnostic error codes in the event of a problem
- High density titanium heat exchanger offers longer life expectancy than standard copper heat exchangers, providing protection against erosion and corrosion
- Weather-proof cabinet constructed of heavy-duty UV-resistant ABS body panels, impervious to rust, corrosion and deterioration
- R410A refrigerant gas offers better thermal exchange properties for overall performance gains
- Powered by quiet, powerful and energy-efficient scroll compressors