Australia’s leading glass manufacturer, Viridian New World Glass
has added ComfortHush acoustic performance glass to their range of acoustic glazing solutions.
The increasing density of the urban population, supported by government policy to contain growth within existing major urban boundaries is leading to greater exposure to noise. Homeowners expecting tranquillity within their surrounds are placing a significant challenge on builders and developers to offer solutions for Australia’s new urban communities.
Part of a range of single and double glazed acoustic performance glass products from Viridian, the ComfortHush has been specifically developed to block unwanted noise from entering homes, while providing improved energy efficiency with the durable Low E coating. The low emissivity coating helps keep a home cooler in summer and warmer in winter.
Viridian’s General Manager of Marketing, Lachlan Austin explains that consumers are increasingly demanding homes that are quieter, safer, more comfortable to live in and cheaper to run, while builders and developers are looking for new solutions.
Lachlan adds that Viridian’s glazing solution uses technology to address and manage the noise issues faced by many homeowners in medium to high density urban dwellings, while at the same time, achieving high energy ratings and improved insulation without sacrificing views or access to natural light.
Tim Trewin, Secretary of the Association of Australian Acoustical Consultants explains that the problem of noise pollution in urban areas means glazing selection, especially in terms of acoustics performance is playing an increasingly important role in the building process.
Key features of Viridian’s ComfortHush acoustic performance glass:
- Unique 3-layer laminate construction specifically designed to reduce sound transmission
- Decreases noise by up to 34% compared to ordinary 3mm glass
- Achieves 6 star energy rating required for modern homes, contributing anywhere from ½ to ¾ of a star
- Grade A safety glass enhances security, offering peace of mind for home owners
- Reduces fading of interior furnishings and finishes by eliminating more than 99% of UV light
- Improved acoustic performance delivered in a lighter construction for easy handling
- Available in a 6.5mm single glazed format for ready fitting to most typical window systems
- Easily specified and installed for new homes, renovations and extensions
- Provides improvement of up to 6dB compared to ordinary 3mm glass