Trimble Australia announces the availability of a new solution that reduces downtime for machines and job crews using Trimble Connected Site solutions.
The new Trimble Remote Assistant provides real-time technical support to field crew personnel or earthworks machine operators, without the time and cost of waiting for a technician to drive to the construction site. As a key feature of the Trimble Connected Site for construction, Remote Assistant offers significant benefits to both workers on the job site and support personnel in the main office including less downtime waiting for a resolution, better site productivity, less fuel waste and a better bottom line.
Remote Assistant is a web-based subscription service hosted by the Connected Community powered by Trimble. It is available through Trimble’s worldwide SITECH Technology Dealer network on the Trimble TSC3 Controller or any earthworks machine equipped with the Trimble GCS900 Grade Control System version 12.4 and a Trimble SNM940 Connected Site Gateway.
Roz Buick, vice president of Trimble’s Heavy Civil Construction Division explains that the Remote Assistant makes it easier to resolve problems that may arise on the job site. For instance, supervisors can train inexperienced workers remotely and deploy new personnel to the field with confidence that they will have technical support. Any question from a worker about a design file, work order or machine configuration can be addressed immediately instead of causing a costly chain reaction of work stoppage, delay and even rework.
Remote Assistant for the Connected Machine
Remote Assistant for the Connected Controller
- Can be used by machine operators using a Trimble CB450 or CB460 Control Box with Trimble GCS900 Grade Control System version 12.4
- Helps resolve everyday issues such as design file versioning and machine configuration for grade control without ever leaving the cab or taking the machine out of production
- Support personnel can take control of the machine’s in-cab display, identify the design file version, view sensor configurations and access diagnostics to troubleshoot problems
- Can be used by job crews using the new Trimble SCS900 Site Controller Software version 3.1
- Crew can initiate a Remote Assistant session on their Trimble TSC3 Controller to clarify work orders, confirm design file versions and update software modules without leaving the job site
- GNSS managers and site supervisors can use Remote Assistant to train new construction survey teams and quickly ensure their Trimble equipment is functioning properly