Tontine™ Insulation supplied quality insulation for the refurbishment of the Queens Square Law Courts in Macquarie St. in Sydney.
Representing the heart of the Sydney legal precinct, the 27-storey building currently houses the NSW Supreme, Federal and High Courts of Australia as well as the Chief Justices, the Attorney General and the Solicitor General of Australia.
The client specified an easy-to-use product that not only provided superior acoustic conditions but also implemented environment-friendly design initiatives.
Tontine supplied Acoustisorb 3 50mm insulation for the walls and Acoustisorb 3 100mm for the ceilings. Tontine Insulation was able to meet the client’s needs for quality acoustic insulation in terms of reverberation and sound transmission as well as eco-friendliness. The product was independently tested for flow resistivity.
Tontine Acoustisorb 3 insulation can also be used for storage tanks, process equipment, appliance cabinets, plant rooms, acoustic baffles and acoustic silencers.
Key features of Tontine Acoustisorb 3 insulation:
- Medium/heavy weight flexible insulation
- Manufactured from thermally bonded polyester fibre with a minimum of 80% recycled fibres
- Provides both thermal and acoustic insulation
- Manufactured to comply with AS/NZ 4859 1
- Optimal product for acoustic applications
- Delivers premium sound absorption performance across the frequency range