Tontine Insulation supplied quality acoustic insulation products for the refurbishment and expansion of the SAE Institute.
Established in 1976 as a practical audio engineering school, SAE Institute has since expanded its curriculum to include filmmaking, animation, web design and games design.
The recent growth at the SAE Melbourne campus, located in South Melbourne has led to expansion and upgrade of the facilities including a new 100-seat auditorium and eight new recording studios. These upgrades utilising Tontine acoustic insulation will be replicated throughout all of SAE’s campuses Australia-wide.
Key insulation requirements for the project:
- High performing acoustic insulation to suit SAE’s unique audio needs
- Industry-standard recording studios and educational facilities
- Optimum sound absorption and reverberation control
- Support daily use of the facilities by up to 600 students
- Safety of the workforce during installation
Tontine polyester insulation was preferred over rockwool and glasswool because of its non-irritating properties that eliminated the need for special protective gear during installation and did not produce contaminants in the manufacturing process.
Tontine Insulation was able to meet the client’s needs for quality acoustic insulation in terms of reverberation, sound transmission and safety.
Tontine Acoustisorb 3 25mm and 50mm products were used for the installation.
Tontine Acoustisorb 3 insulation also finds application in storage tanks, process equipment, appliance cabinets, plant rooms, acoustic baffles and acoustic silencers.
Key features of Tontine Acoustisorb 3 acoustic insulation:
- Medium/heavy weight flexible insulation
- Manufactured from thermally bonded polyester fibre with minimum 80% recycled fibres
- Provides both thermal and acoustic insulation
- Manufactured to comply with AS/NZ 4859 1
- Optimal product for acoustic applications
- Delivers premium sound absorption performance across the frequency range