Benefits of Australian Certification Authority of Reinforcing Steels' Certification:
- The Australian Certification Authority of Reinforcing Steels (ACRS) is a third-party product certification scheme. It is a voluntary scheme covering steel reinforcement and prestressing strand.
- ACRS has been established with the support of several leading building and construction industry groups.
- ACRS has been welcomed by our construction industry.
- All mesh and reinforcing bar suppliers should have documentation that they and their mill comply. Ask your supplier if their products have been certified by ACRS, and ask to see their Certification.
- All reinforcing bar and mesh should have unique marks to identify the supplier.
- For AS 4671 a couple of test certificates is not enough: Six months or 200 results of testing is the long-term compliance requirement.
- To give yourself confidence in your rebar, specify ACRS Certification.