All cladding made by Symonite, is Australian made SymoniteHD fire resisting Aluminium Composite Panel comprising of a fibre reinforced phenolic core sandwiched between two (2) skins of 0.5mm thick aluminium.
Aluminium skins are;
- 0.5mm thick
- Tensile Strength 120Mpa
- Yield Strength 0.2% offset 115Mpa
- Elongation ≥ 12%
- Hardness: 36 Brinell
- Panel Weight: 6.7kg/m2 (approximately 4mm)
- The face side shall be factory prefinished by the manufacturer with PVDF based coating applied through a continuous coil coating process.
- Total dry film thickness shall be 25 microns minimum consisting of an inhibitive primer and metallic or solid coating on the top.
- Panel shall be supplied Good One Side unless otherwise specified.
- The finished surface shall be factory protected with a self-adhesive peel off protective film. The peel off protective film shall be removed as soon as practicable after installation, but not more than three (3) months.
- Application of PVDF based coating system by means of spray coating after forming and shaping of the cladding elements shall not be permitted.
- The back side of the panel surface facing the wall shall have mill finish aluminium unless otherwise specified.
Handling and Processing
- SymoniteHD shall be processed as recommended by the manufacturer Symonite in accordance with technical documentation.
- SymoniteHD shall be stored horizontally on a flat surface in a dry environment free from possible contaminants.