Specialty Group Pty Ltd has designed and introduced the STS300 series of fire rated projection ports to meet a specific need in the market for a system that protected both operators and customers in the event of a fire.
Fire rated projection ports are today a mandatory requirement at several locations and are subjected to rigorous testing to achieve the necessary certification.
Featuring a bent and welded full steel construction, STS300 series fire ports are highly durable and can operate in extreme temperatures.
The shutter release mechanism in the fire rated projection ports is available in two options: The standard thermal link releases at a certain temperature while the magnetic release is actuated electronically by a building control system in the event of fire.
The glass is fixed in place using a Specialty designed and engineered glass securing mechanism, which allows for a range of glass thicknesses (commonly 6mm and 10mm) and can be released easily for removal and cleaning of the glass.
While non-reflective glass such as AMIRAN is commonly used for the projection port, the viewing port is fitted with Starfire glass.
AMIRAN is an optical interference anti-reflective glass, dip-coated on both sides with a residual reflection of only approximately 1%.
Starfire glass is a lead-free, low iron product that is almost crystal clear and imposes virtually no colour shift when looking through it.
Key features of STS300 series fire rated projection ports:
- Full steel construction
- Sizes from 350x500mm up to 950x500mm; also available in 600mm width
- Thermal link or magnetic release mechanisms for automatic shutter release
- Accommodates wall thicknesses of 120mm-290mm
- Certified to AS1530.4, AS1905.2
- Singapore PLS Certification to BS476-22 & SS489
- Compatible with glass thickness of 6mm and 10mm
- Custom engineered glass securing mechanism
- Australia: AS1530.4.2005 & AS1905.2.2005
- Singapore: PLS Certification SS489:2001
- United Kingdom: BS476-22:1987