Kee Klamp fittings, available from Kee Safety are suitable for use in assembling handrails that will remain safe and intact for an extended period of time in marine environments.
Available in a powder-coated or anti-bacterial coated finish, Kee Klamp tubular fittings are manufactured to the requirements of BS EN 1562 and 1563 in addition to having tested and passed Australian Standard and BCA requirements.
Kee Safety supplies their Kee Klamp fittings range to contractors, architects and specifiers.
A study by Kee Safety reveals that handrailing assembled using their hot dip galvanised Kee Klamp handrail fittings will remain intact for more than 35 years in coastal locations, seven times longer than typical fabricated handrailing structures.
According to the Zinc Millennium Map (1998-2000), any iron mass eventually converts entirely to rust and disintegrates given sufficient time, oxygen and water. Untreated steel in Category 3 marine atmospheres will uniformly corrode at up to 170 microns each year.
Average life of a structure using corrosion-resistant hot dip galvanised Kee Klamp fittings is expected to be 37 years in a category 3 environment compared to 4.7 years for a fabricated structure featuring a uniform 3.2mm weld.
Ian Page, Product Manager at Kee Safety says that corrosion resistance is a key reason why structures using Kee Klamp fittings are favoured over fabricated structures, considering that partially galvanised welded fabrications are prone to rapid decay, especially in coastal environments.
Key features of Kee Klamp fittings
- Incorporates an integral socket screw, which locks the fitting securely onto its tube to give an excellent slip-load performance
- Extensive range ensures that fittings can cope easily with any changes in direction or gradient
- Cast iron fittings are fitted with KeeKoat corrosion-protected grub screws and ThredKoat recess protection to ensure complete corrosion resistance
- Wide selection of simple-to-use, galvanised malleable cast iron fittings allow pre-cut lengths of standard tubing to be connected together to form handrailing and other types of tubular framework structures
- Provides uniform appearance in a finished structure that also meets guaranteed design loads
Kee Klamp fittings are only available from Solid Dynamics or their resellers in Australia.