Smeg Australia announces a new range of professional quality domestic dishwashers designed to deliver superfast washes with minimal use of water and power.
Launched to great acclaim at Milan’s Eurocucina last year (2012), Smeg’s professional quality domestic dishwasher, the Smeg DWAUP364X is a genuine step up in terms of technology with its ability to offer a 16-minute full wash using just 12 litres of water.
Similar to all existing Smeg dishwashers, the new Smeg DWAUP364X features two motors. However, the new Smeg domestic dishwashers have an extra-powerful 2000-watt wash motor with an integrated element that can operate at variable speeds. Additionally, two 1800-watt inline elements heat the water instead of just one as in other domestic dishwashing machines.
Smart features such as the exclusive FlexiDuo third basket introduce unrivalled versatility to the appliance. This upper basket, designed to take cutlery and cooking utensils is split into two sections that can be separated and slid one under the other, freeing up space in the basket below to take tall-stemmed glasses, vases and containers while still allowing the cutlery baskets to be fully loaded.
Similarly, the appliance’s lower basket has fully adjustable inserts, two of which can be completely removed to introduce extra space for large pans, platters and serving dishes.
Smeg offers two designs in its Domestic Pro Line, the DWAUP364X 60cm built-in dishwasher, and the DWAFIP364 fully integrated model.
Key features of Smeg Domestic Pro dishwashers:
- Innovative Dual Core system responsible for superfast wash
- Impressive 5,600-watt capacity
- ‘Professional’ programme uses the system’s full 5.6kW nominal power to achieve excellent washing performance
- Choice of five domestic wash programmes and four professional programs including Soak, NormalECO, ECO, Auto 60° and Ultraclean
- Choice of four washing temperatures: - 45°C, 50°C, 65°C and 75°C
- Aesthetic features include sleek anti-fingerprint stainless steel styling, ultramarine blue interior light and self-balancing door hinges
- Automatic door opening at the end of the cycle aids drying while conserving energy
- FlexiZone half load option
- Orbital wash cycle for excellent wash index
- Electronic adjustable water softener
- Aquastop safety feature
- Aquatest turbidity sensor automatically adjusts wash programme according to level of ‘dirt’ in the water
- Five star WELS water conservation rating and a four star energy rating
The Smeg Domestic Pro Line of professional style dishwashers is available nationally from selected retailers.