A new collection of carpet tiles from Shaw Contract Group takes inspiration from the human experience of walking through a public park.
Shaw Contract Group’s latest collection, The Park celebrates this human experience and is inspired by the parallels of how people move, gather and connect within different zones of a park. The collection explores the transition from communal energy to a quiet, singular moment, correlating it to commercial interiors.
According to Shaw Contract Group Sales Director Aaron Martin, their designers observed hotel lobbies from the perspective of a park, where they saw guests enjoying the experience of being alone or together in the midst of the busy environment.
Available in a combination of 18 x 36 inches (46 x 91cm) and 9 x 36 inches (23 x 91cm) carpet tile formats constructed using Colour point tufting technology, The Park collection uses varying degrees of pattern, texture and colour to allow designers to create a range of spaces from communal to private. Warm and cool tones with vivid colour options reflect renewal and vitality.
The Park collection:
- Drift is a 9 x 36 tile in a near-solid indulgent bark texture; available in 14 colours
- Explore is a 9 x 36 tile that adds texture in a large-scale stone aesthetic; available in 9 colours
- Renew is a 9 x 36 tile that captures the reflective visual of water; available in 9 colours
- Linger is a 9 x 36 tile that provides a moment of calm on the floor; available in 9 colours
- Create is a 18 x 36 tile reminiscent of horizontal brush strokes with vivid colour – like public art or water shimmering across a lake; available in 6 colours
- Reflect is a 18 x 36 tile emulating an abstract vista of sky seen through trees; available in 6 colours
Suitable for all market segments and offering superior durability, style and recyclability, The Park collection comes with the Shaw Contract Group lifetime commercial warranty covering abrasive wear, tuft-bind, edge ravel and delamination.
Constructed with premium Eco Solution Q nylon and EcoWorx backing, all styles within The Park collection are certified Cradle to Cradle Silver, assessed for human health and backed by an environmental guarantee for reclamation.
The collection is GECA certified and achieves a Green Star ‘Level A’ product rating according to the Green Building Council of Australia.