louvre windows were installed at the Varsity Lakes Sports House to provide both ventilation and security.
Located on the southern shores of Lake Orr on Queensland’s Gold Coast, the Varsity Lakes Sports House provides community facilities including boat launching, community meeting spaces, watercraft storage and offices for sports administration.
Two key requirements for the community project was the need to stay within the budget as well as to design a facility that would be efficient to run. Safetyline Jalousie louvre windows were selected because of their efficiencies, quality, security features and aesthetics. Designed to provide an impenetrable security system, the louvre solution eliminated the need to install a separate window security option, thus reducing costs.
Safetyline Jalousie louvre windows were used in full height as a feature in the common lobby, and as transoms above/below sliding windows in the offices and community meeting rooms.
Key benefits of Safetyline Jalousie louvre windows:
- Maximises cooling breezes in summer and retention of heat in winter
- Allows excellent natural cross-ventilation
- Weatherproof seals enable efficient air conditioning when needed with fully closed louvres
- Allows just the right amount of breeze to enter, minimising the need for air conditioning in spring and autumn
- Stylish decorative finish adds aesthetics to practical security and ventilation qualities