Fall protection equipment specialist 3M introduces a new and improved range of shock absorbing lanyards that are lighter, stronger and smaller than before.
3M, home of the DBI-SALA and PROTECTA brands of fall protection equipment has announced the launch of their new and improved DBI-SALA Force2 shock absorbing lanyards manufactured using extremely light and strong components.
The Force2 fall protection lanyards range features Hi-10 energy management material, one of the smallest shock packs in the world, light and strong connector combinations, durable REPEL technology webbing, and a rugged soft cover with protected labels.
The new Hi-10 shock pack is 66% smaller and 40% lighter than competing products, and consists of high tenacity fibre energy management material. The Hi-10 is resistant to abrasion, moisture, chemicals and cuts, and uses less than half the material content than competing products.
Rick Millar, Technical Manager for 3M Australia & New Zealand explains that the lanyards have been developed based on customer feedback, resulting in a new range that offers high strength, light weight, a wider range of connector options and an unobtrusive shock absorber that doesn’t get in the way while working.
Key features of Force2 shock absorbing lanyards:
- REPEL technology water repellent webbing reduces build-up of mould and dirt, leading to better abrasion resistance
- Equipped with new triple action karabiners, and snap and scaffold hooks to meet the demands of all industry applications
- Includes new WrapBax lanyard, specifically designed to withstand the rigorous requirements of tie-back applications
- DBI-SALA’s i-Safe intelligent safety system utilising RFID technology, built into each product to track inspections, control inventory and manage information
- Meets all the strict requirements of AS/NZS 1891.1:2007 standard