3M has launched the new Retrieval SRL hitch mount designed for leading edge protection.
Purpose-built as a temporary and highly mobile mounting point to fit a Retrieval self retracting lifeline or winch for use in a horizontal or sloped plane, Retrieval SRL hitch mounts are designed to fit into a 50mm Hayman Reese motor vehicle tow hitch, with the system providing an effective fall arrest and retrieval system to work over leading edges such as mine stopes, dam walls or other locations with inclined planes.
Rick Millar, Technical Manager for 3M Australia & New Zealand explains that the Retrieval SRL hitch mount allows workers the mobility to safely access remote and isolated environments to perform over the edge work. He adds that the device allows for the creation of a simple yet safe fall protection anchor point and retrieval system for two persons, ready for use in a matter of minutes that is ideal for fall arrest, rescue and retrieval applications.
Key features of Retrieval SRL hitch mounts:
- Powder coated in high visibility safety yellow
- Comes complete with two fall arrest rated anchor points, redirection pulley and guide, tow hitch locator hole and winch/SRL mount
- Fast and easy set-up
- Constructed from durable corrosion resistant material with stainless steel fittings
- Meets the requirements of AS/NZS 1891.4
- Built-in DBI-SALA’s i-Safe intelligent safety system utilises RFID technology to track inspections, control inventory and manage information
3M, the world’s leading designer and manufacturer of height safety, confined space and industrial rescue equipment with 20 operating sites worldwide is home of the DBI-SALA, PROTECTA and UNILINE brands of fall protection equipment.