DBI-SALA, a 3M brand introduces a new range of vertical fall arrest systems designed to optimise height safety and maximise freedom of movement in diverse industrial applications.
DBI-SALA offers a specialised product range dedicated to the fall protection market including the new Railok 90 vertical fall arrest rail system.
Suitable for a number of diverse applications, Railok 90 vertical fall arrest systems can be deployed across multiple industries requiring fall protection for climbing applications such as wind energy, telecommunications, oil and gas as well as construction among others.
Railok 90 vertical rail systems ensure safety to workers as they ascend and descend fixed ladders. The shuttle travels smoothly along the entire length of the rail allowing the user to move up and down the ladder without snagging or resisting the climber’s motion.
In the event of a fall, the shuttle locks on the rail arresting the fall while minimising fall distances and load forces on the user.
Railok 90 does not impede a worker’s freedom of movement and enables smooth movement for the user without the system restricting foot space on the ladder rungs.
Greg Peterson, Systems Manager for 3M, Australia and New Zealand says that safety while ascending and descending ladders is a key issue in many industries. While providing safety, solutions that address these needs cannot restrict operators from completing their work.
According to him, Railok 90 offers industrial customers a rigid rail system solution combining optimal worker safety with maximum worker productivity.
Key features of Railok 90 vertical fall arrest systems
- Unique metallic shock absorber enhances safety and prolongs the life of the system
- Shuttle device employs a revolutionary integrated metallic absorber that restricts fall distances and significantly reduces the forces on the user in the event of a fall
- Made from high-strength extruded stainless steel and aluminium
- Easy installation without special tools
- Available with a wide range of brackets, providing installation options in many different configurations including narrow-gauge ladders with restricted foot space
- Integrated solution utilising rail components machined to accept ladder rungs is available in applications requiring the use of a ladder where none is present
- Ladder rail solution provides the dual benefit of fall protection while meeting the need for efficient ascent and descent
3M is a world-leading designer and manufacturer of height safety, confined space and industrial rescue equipment with 12 operating sites worldwide.