Ventilated façades provide a real ecological skin capable of adding comfort and beauty to buildings, in tune with the concepts controlling cutting-edge architecture: sustainability, energy saving, soundproofing and ease of maintenance.
Roca Ventilated Façade Systems fulfils these and other technical functions highly valued by building experts, providing:
- Energy saving: Protection is created against changes in outside temperature, ensuring minimal variations inside the building, with approximate savings of up to 25% on energy costs
- Good insulation: The structure of the building is protected from bad weather, with less expansion and contraction, preventing the emergence of damp and cracks
- Sound protection: The buildings acoustic proofing is improved
- Ideal finish: Irregularities in the original building facade are eliminated in using any of the Roca Ventilated Facade Systems
- Easy maintenance: Using porcelain tiles as the panels for these systems, allows for minimal maintenance and ease of cleaning. These panels have a low absorption, are resistant to icing and are easy to clean. If required each panel can be independently removed and replaced – without affecting or altering any other part of the facade system
- Wear resistance: High resistance to wear caused by adverse environmental conditions, scrapes, acids and chemical products, etc.
- Light weight: Low in weight, permitting the use of lighter and more economical structures with less overloading of the building
- Large panels: The porcelain stoneware panel sizes are up to 600x1200mm.
- Conservation: The manufacturing and materials used are natural resources and meet all applicable environmental regulations.
The Roca Ventilated Facade System consists of fitting porcelain stoneware panels on an aluminium structure that has previously been fixed to an existing facade or substrate, which does not require special preparation.
The porcelain tile panels are joined to the structure by metal hooks or fixtures, so no fixing or grouting material is required.
The Roca Ventilated Facade System is designed for new buildings and for renovation, offering interesting advantages compared to traditional fixing systems.
The Roca Ventilated Facade System can be used for a wide range of applications, including houses, blocks of apartments, office buildings, shopping centres, hospitals, schools and so on.
The three types of facade systems (as described below) offer many possibilities for achieving all kinds of window, corner and top crown finishes, allowing you the development of tailor-made solutions for each project.
The advantage of the hidden fixing system is that the anchorages used to support the pieces of porcelain tile panels are not visible from the outside.
To achieve this effect, the panels are machined on the back to accommodate 4 anchorages needed to hold them to the frame.
In the visible fixing system the type of fitting used to hold the porcelain tile panels to the framework is based on hooks holding the porcelain panels to the frame.
The hooks are made of stainless steel and they can be enamelled in the same colour as the porcelain tile panels chosen in order to reduce the visual and aesthetic impact from outside the building.
The overlapping fixing system, as with the visible fixing system, uses hooks to hold the porcelain tile panels to the framework.
The innovation in this system allows a scale and curved effect to be created as the facade. The only thing that can be seen is the lower part of the hook, which is stainless steel and can be also be enamelled in the same colour as the porcelain panel chosen.
The Roca Ventilated Facade System is available from Rocks On – Hard Surface Solutions .