Rheem Australia announces the launch of a new range of continuous flow gas water heaters to coincide with the Energy Networks Association’s approval of gas water heaters.
According to the Energy Networks Association (ENA) in its new proposal ‘Reducing emissions from residential hot water heating’, gas water heaters can play a bigger role in assisting the abatement of Australia’s greenhouse gas emissions. Rheem has risen to the challenge with the launch of a full 6+ Star continuous flow gas water heaters range.
Rheem’s new range of 6+ Star continuous flow gas water heaters offers greater energy efficiency, cost savings and reduced emissions in the domestic use segment.
John Wilkins, Rheem’s group product manager high efficiency gas quotes the Energy Networks Association at the Gas 2020: New Strategies New Markets conference where it was highlighted that gas water heaters are more efficient than electric resistance water heaters and have lower upfront costs to households than solar.
The increasing demand for higher efficiency water heaters motivated Rheem to upgrade their entire continuous flow water heater range to 6+ Star. The improved energy efficiency reduces carbon emissions and running costs, which is good for the user as well as the environment.
Using the new Rheem gas water heater, the ‘average’ home can reduce their gas consumption by approximately 2,000 MJ or around $30 - $40 per year (for every one star increase in efficiency).
Continuous flow gas water heaters deliver hot water that will never run out, because they heat water when needed and for as long as one needs it. Different from storage water heaters, the continuous flow models only heat on demand, reducing energy wastage.
Rheem’s range of 6+ Star continuous flow water heaters is available for natural gas and propane, and includes models that deliver 12L, 16L, 18L, 20L, 24L and 27L a minute flow rates. Mounted to the wall, Rheem’s gas water heaters are also ideal for more compact homes and apartments, or where space is at a premium.
Key features of Rheem’s 6+ Star continuous flow gas water heaters:
- Capacities to suit every home, apartment or family at 12L, 16L, 18L, 20L, 24L and 27L/minute flow rates
- Flamesafe overheat protection automatically shuts down the heater should it overheat
- Rheem EZ Link delivers up to 54L per minute by linking to Rheem units to act as one, thereby doubling capacity
- Rheem Q Factor ensures rapid hot water every time, even when multiple taps demand hot water
- Electronic control ensures accurate and reliable water temperature, reducing the risk of accidental scalding
- Electronic remote temperature controllers for accurate setting of ideal and safe temperature for bathrooms and kitchens
- Rheem 70° capable models are solar compatible, without the need for special fittings
- Works on natural gas or propane
- 10-year warranty