The IMAGINiT Technologies division of Rand Worldwide, a global leader in providing technology solutions to organisations with engineering design and information technology requirements has released its new Scan to BIM 2014 software.
The new Scan to BIM 2014 software offers complete compatibility with the Autodesk Revit 2014 software platform and also leverages the new Autodesk ReCap Point Cloud Engine, enabling streamlined workflows of intelligent 3D data from captured laser scans.
According to Bob Heeg, executive vice president, worldwide operations, IMAGINiT Technologies, their commitment to providing superior customer experience and bringing new features requested by customers are two of the key ingredients to their success with all of their software products such as Scan to BIM, IMAGINiT Clarity and IMAGINiT Utilities for Revit.
Specifically designed to help architects, engineers, contractors and surveyors enhance the way they work with point cloud data in Revit, the new Scan to BIM 2014 version builds upon the Autodesk Revit platform to provide additional point cloud functionality and modelling data that can be both trusted and validated.
Scan to BIM allows users to interact with point clouds, assisting with automated recognition and placement of architectural elements including walls, columns and MEP elements such as pipes, ducts and conduits.
Kyle Bernhardt, Building Design Suite product line manager, Autodesk describes IMAGINiT’s Scan to BIM software as a great example of Autodesk’s thriving Revit Platform ecosystem, adding that tools such as Scan to BIM drive down the time required to author an accurate as-built BIM, resulting in a positive impact on the bottom line.
Highlights of new Scan to BIM 2014 software:
- ‘View from scanner’ allows the user to create a perspective view in Revit at the exact scan location so the user can have the same perspective and quickly identify everything captured by the scanner
- Provides users more control and ability to analyse differences between the point cloud and modelled element, and create Revit elements using best practice workflows
- Topography update enables users to generate topography from scan data while filtering out irrelevant items such as trees and poles by simply moving a slider to make them appear or disappear
- Provides designers and engineers with increased productivity and more accurate quality assurance
- Available as a standalone or floating network license