Damtec Sub Ballast Mat System (SBM) is one of the most effective methods of reducing vibration transmission on ballasted tracks.
When installed under ballast, the SBM isolates the track structure from the supporting foundation or substrate, and attenuates the transmission of the noise and of course the vibration itself.
Key features of the Sub Ballast Mat include:
- extends the life of the ballast by reducing the grinding effect of the ballast upon the substrate
- reduce the need for periodic replacement of the ballast
- reliable performance under any climatic conditions
- available in 10mm and 20mm thicknesses
- environmentally friendly as it is made from recycled rubber materials
The new Sub Ballast Mat provides optimum static and dynamic properties for railway applications including mail line, urban, light rail and metro axle loads