Formerly known as the Master Plumbers and Mechanical Services Association of South Australia, the Plumbing Industry Association of South Australia
(PIASA) provides leadership, resources and training for the South Australian plumbing community.
PIASA is a non-profit organisation based in Thebarton and its mission is to "promote and develop the ongoing protection of community health and safety through the provision of quality plumbing services both state and federal, and representation throughout South Australia".
Key roles of the Association are:
- encourage members to adhere to the code of practice
- develop strategic alliances
- develop an industry training centre
- the plumbing industry's apprentice group training division
- act as a government and industry liaison
- provide an information line for public eco-related questions
- be an industry leader and focal point for the general public and industry
- have greater input and control of training from apprentices to business operators
- promote a professional plumbing industry
- provide business support for its members
- provide advice and protecting the community
- enhance existing, and developing additional benefits and services for members
PIASA provide various courses in upskilling its members and industry professionals. These courses are available for member and non-members, providing they meet the pre-requisite requirements.