Whirlybird ceiling vents from Planet Green Insulation will extract super heated air and replace it with fresh air, providing an effective cooling solution.
The three main advantages of installing a whirlybird are:
- Roof space temperatures can be lowered, reducing the amount of heat radiating into the home.
- Ducted Air-Conditioning systems operate more effectively with roof space ventilation reducing energy bills.
- Up to 12 litres of moisture per day is drawn into roof spaces from shower and kitchen fans. This can cause mould and mildew. Adequate roof space ventilation can help maintain a dry atmosphere
The Windmaster is a 300mm throat aluminum ventilator, which is suitable for use in conjunction with Whirlybird ceiling events and has been specially designed for Australian conditions.
Unique features and benefits Windmaster ventilators include:
- Windmaster ventilators use two precision steel bearings located in a patented bottom bearing assembly. This ensures smooth and quiet operation.
- Windmaster ventilators are the first domestic vents where the bearings can be easily replaced by the homeowner.
- Windmaster ventilators have a special reinforced dome designed to provide extra resistance against hail.
- Windmaster ventilators are available in an extensive range of colours including – mill, brown, black, homestead, heritage red, caulfield green, white, mist green, rivergum, beige and slate grey.
- In independent laboratory tests, Windmaster ventilators withstood wind velocities of 180km/hr and satisfied the international Rain Dynamic Rain Penetration Test.
- Edmonds offers a lifetime warranty on the body of Windmaster ventilators, for the original installation. A separate 10 year warranty is provided for the bearings, but these are easily replaceable.
- Windmaster’s “Vari-Pitch” throat and malleable flashing suits all roof types with slopes from zero to 45°.