Panasonic Australia announces the launch of a new range of 3-pipe Variable Refrigerant Flow (VRF) air conditioners designed for commercial buildings and large residential developments.
Delivering superior energy efficiency, design flexibility, comfort and ease of use, Panasonic’s new 3-pipe VRF air conditioners allow simultaneous heating and cooling operation in different rooms via a single VRF system. Expanding on the two-pipe VRF series launched by the company in 2012, the new 3-pipe system provides the ultimate in operating flexibility, ensuring occupants remain comfortable at all times.
Shane Quinn, Product Marketing Manager, Air Conditioning, Panasonic Australia explains that the new 3-pipe VRF range has been launched in response to a demand from the market for system qualities such as energy efficiency, design flexibility, comfort and ease of use for the end user. He adds that the initial response from consultants, engineers and installers has been extremely positive.
The new VRF products respond to the initiative to reduce energy costs in commercial buildings with market-leading energy efficiency. The air conditioning systems also offer the potential for further power savings by sharing heating or cooling energy between rooms.
Key features of Panasonic 3-pipe VRF air conditioners:
- Capacities from 22.4kW to 118.0kW
- Up to 52 indoor units in a single system to cater to all building sizes
- 11 different types of indoor units ranging in capacity from 2.2kW to 28.0kW, totalling 72 different models
- Operating temperature range is -20°C to +46°C to suit all Australian conditions
- Up to 500m of piping can be used, and indoor units can be connected at up to 150% of outdoor capacity providing installation flexibility
- Extensive line-up of individual control, central control, and BMS interface control options
- Inverter control technology
- Demand Response Management (DRM) ready system allows power consumption at times of peak load to be set in three steps to deliver optimum performance
- DRM control helps to reduce annual power consumption, with minimal loss in comfort
- Market-leading five-year warranty for both residential and commercial applications