The Origin Energy office building located at 321 Exhibition Street in Melbourne aims to be best practice in sustainability and energy efficiency through the design and installation of a state-of-the-art trigeneration plant.
Owned by the Cromwell Group, the commercial complex is spread over 20 levels and 31,000m² area, and houses premium offices and retail space.
The Cogent trigeneration plant delivers heating and cooling for the building’s air-conditioning system, while also providing low CO2 emissions density electricity when compared to the grid to help reduce Origin’s carbon footprint.
Key benefits of the Cogent trigeneration plant:
- Energy efficiency with a minimum target of 4.5 star NABERS rating
- 5 Star (Version 3) Green Star Rating
- Provides emergency backup during grid outages and operates automatically during the peak and shoulder demand periods
- CO2 reduction with estimated savings of up to 3,000 tonnes of CO2 per annum
- Peak Electrical: 1165 kW at 0.8 power factor
- Peak Cooling: 750 kW
- Peak Heating: 600 kW
- Energy Efficiency: 80% overall efficiency (estimated)