The National Electrical and Communications Association
(NECA) is the only peak association that represents the interests of electrical and communications contractors, employers, business professionals and technicians in Australia.
Main aims of the association is to:
- raise the profile, business environment and competitive edge of the industry
- advocate, educate and generate more business for electrical and communications professionals
- save members time and money by providing timely information, advice and practical tools
- represent the needs and entitlements of contractors at all levels of government and industry
- provide up-to-date industry-relevant information such as current training, OH&S, industrial and legislative requirements
NECA have state-based offices, employing specialists with the following backgrounds:
- industrial relations
- education and training
- human resources
Furthermore, NECA also has representatives on many Standards Australia technical committees and is a registered organisation in federal and state industrial jurisdictions.
Members of NECA have the benefit of the Association's national lobbying expertise and networks.
NECA also contributes to leading trade magazine Electrical Connection, publishes an annual report and previously published Voice Data Electrical and National Voice.