Mermet Australia is continually dedicated to the development of high quality sunscreen fabrics, an essential ally for eco-efficient buildings and particularly useful for homes and offices with large glass areas.
Mermet's PVC coated glass core yarn fabrics include; M-Screen, E-Screen, T-Screen, Deco-Screen, Natté and Satiné. These glass core sunscreen fabrics all now benefit from the new Enduris Glass Core quality label. This label guarantees the technical characteristics of sunscreen fabrics including; mechanical resistance, dimensional stability and high-level durability.
The durability and stability of Enduris glass core fabrics comes from the fibreglass core, which is lightweight and extremely strong. Sunscreen fabrics using fibreglass are therefore endowed with outstanding stability and offer very little elongation, which is a basic requirement for large blinds.
The expertise of Enduris Glass Core sunscreen fabrics lies in an entire production process that includes:
- The use of high quality glass fibre
- Superior weaving technique
- Thorough testing and documentation of results
- Expertise in yarn coating with use of specifically formulated, easy to clean PVC with UV inhibitors, and stable colours that do not fade
- ISO certified production and quality management systems
- Research and development at the cutting edge of technology
Enduris Glass Core sunscreen fabrics benefit from:
- High resistance to temperature variation
- Naturally fire resistant
- Low thermal conductivity
- Glass fibre yarns are a natural composite material
- Dimensional stability and durability meaning minimal stretching, sagging or fraying
- Chemically inert
- Non rotting
Enduris Glass Core quality label is a mark of reliability with accreditations from independent testing laboratories, offering a stamp of approval and a guarantee of performance for Mermet’s fibreglass fabrics.
Mermet sunscreen fabrics are also labelled with Oekotex Standard 100, with low VOCs (Volatile Organic Compounds), Greenguard Indoor Air Quality Certified and are listed on Ecospecifier.