The 5th edition of the Healthy Cities Conference scheduled to take place in Geelong, Victoria will feature several presentations and workshops by professionals from Government and Industry.
Call for papers is now open for the 5th Healthy Cities: Working Together to Achieve Liveable Cities Conference.
The Conference is a platform for Government and Industry sector professionals to discuss causes, effects and solutions relating to population health, sustainability, natural resource management, transport, climate change and urban design among others.
Mayor Cr John Mitchell of Geelong, the conference host city says that the Healthy Cities Conference is a great opportunity for professionals in the public and private sector including social planners, urban designers, waste management professionals and environmental groups to discuss new ideas and solutions for the future development of the region.
Confirmed and invited presenters include:
- Dr Agis D. Tsouros, Head, Policy and Cross-cutting Programmes and Regional Director’s Special Projects, World Health Organization, Denmark
- Professor Rob Adams, Director of Design and Culture at the City of Melbourne
- Peter Kenyon, Director of The Bank of Ideas WA
- Cr Debbie Blumel, Sunshine Coast Regional Council Qld, Chair of Regional Development Australia Sunshine Coast; represents Queensland local governments on the National Sea Change Taskforce Executive
- David Engwicht, Director, Creative Communities International Qld
- Philip D. Allsopp, RIBA, FRSA Co-founder of Transpolis Global, Arizona USA
- Prof Evelyne De Leeuw - Chair in Community Health Systems and Policy Faculty of Health, Deakin University VIC
- Matt Coetzee, Business Manager, Government at Aurecon Aust