Kobelco Construction Machinery Australia announces the launch of two new excavators designed for greater fuel efficiency, performance and productivity.
Delivering fuel savings of up to 27% and featuring the industry leading low noise iNDR system, Kobelco’s two new excavator models, the SK75SR-3 and SK85MSR-3 are ideal for heavy digging and lifting as well as finessing, particularly in confined areas.
Replacing the previous Series 2 models, Kobelco’s 7-tonne SK75SR-3 and 8-tonne SK85MSR-3 feature a new ECO mode for enhanced fuel efficiency. Like all Kobelco excavators, the new models can be operated in H or S mode as well as the new ECO mode. H mode is for heavy digging and high productivity while S mode offers standard digging with fuel savings.
According to Doug McQuinn, Kobelco Australia Brand Leader, the new excavators also deliver fuel savings when working in either H or S mode with a 6% fuel reduction over the previous model SK80MSR-2 in H mode and a 13% reduction in S mode.
The excavator cabs are designed for operator comfort with Kobelco’s unique iNDR (integrated Noise and Dust Reduction) engine cooling system delivering quiet operation while a stronger door lock on both models keeps the dust out of the cab.
Key features of Kobelco SK75SR-3 and SK85MSR-3 excavators:
- Two variable displacement pumps deliver improved performance and productivity
- Built to perform, even when fully loaded or during operations on graded sites
- 6% improvement in travel torque and 10% improvement in steering performance even when working at grades of up to 14º
- Wider glass panel on the right side assures visibility
- Kobelco’s iNDR system delivers quiet operation at just 93dB(A) (external)
- Left boom swing angle modified from 50º to 62º in SK85MSR-3 for greater bucket visibility
- Reduced tail swing on SK85MSR-3 model ideal for confined space operation