OPTIM-R™ vacuum insulated panels (often called a VIP) offer solutions for those times when you know you're going to run out of space or for when space is tight.
Kingspan OPTIM-R™ comprises a rigid vacuum insulation panel which is evacuated, encased and sealed in a thin, gas-tight envelope, giving outstanding thermal conductivity, with the thinnest possible solution to insulation problems.
OPTIM-R™ is accompanied by a full design service to ensure that the system is used as effectively as possible in the space available.
Unlike other commonly available insulation, OPTIM-R™ has unique benefits:
- Declared (aged) thermal conductivity of 0.007 W/m∙K
- Provides an insulating performance that is up to five times better than other commonly available insulation materials
- High levels of thermal efficiency with minimal thickness
- Over 90% (by weight) recyclable
- Ideal for constructions where a lack of construction depth or space is an issue
- Available in a range of sizes and thicknesses
- If installed correctly and protected from damage and penetration, can provide reliable long-term thermal performance over the lifetime of the building.