Four 200mm silenced pumps hired from Kennards Hire Pump & Power accommodated flows of up to 600 litres per second in a sewer bypass operation carried out by Water Infrastructure Group in Canberra.
The work involved the re-lining of a 0.5km section of sewer, requiring a bypass to be created to another sewer 210 metres away.
Four pumps were initially hired from Kennards Hire, but two were withdrawn when some of the contractor’s own pumps became available after the completion of another job.
Water Infrastructure Group project manager Pieter Schoofs explains that the Kennards Hire equipment hire service allows them to hire pumps of suitable capacity to supplement their own, especially when carrying out multiple projects.
Kennards Hire Pump & Power offers a wide range of large pumps and large generators through their specialist hire centres in all mainland states.
Kennards’ pump range includes:
- 300mm silenced pumps with maximum capacity of 350 litres per second and maximum head of 27m (Brisbane)
- 200mm silenced pumps with maximum capacity of 220 litres per second and maximum head of 64m
- 150mm silenced pumps with maximum capacity of 174 litres per second and maximum head of 60m
- 100mm silenced pumps with maximum capacity of 29 litres per second and maximum head of 105m
- 150mm and 100mm skid mounted pumps and 150mm skid mounted, vacuum prime pumps
- 150mm and 100mm towable contractor units
- Submersibles including sludge and cutters
- Accessories including a variety of test plugs from 100mm to 1200mm in diameter