Specialist equipment hire company, Kennards Lift & Shift has introduced new ride-on glass lifters for use by glaziers, builders and various tradespeople.
The new ride-on glass lifters from Kennards are self-propelled, battery-operated units similar in size and appearance to a mini loader.
Offering simple and labour-saving operation, the Danish-made ride-on glass lifters reduce risk of breakage, enhance productivity and facilitate a safer workspace.
The labour-saving device requires only one worker to remove glass from an A-frame, carry it across a firm, flat surface and place it in position.
Available in a range of models, the ride-on glass lifters can handle glass in varied shapes and sizes.
GlasLift 351 glass lifters are available from Kennards’ hire centres across Australia and can lift up to 350kg to a height of 2.7m.
The machine is small and compact enough to fit through doorways. Weight limit is reduced to 100kg if the glass is turned 90 degrees.
GlasLift 500 ride-on glass lifters are larger machines and available in Brisbane though they can be moved interstate when required.
GlasLift 500 can lift 500kg to a height of 4.6m.
Key features of Kennards ride-on glass lifters:
- Low pressure hydraulic system makes the machines easy to control and manoeuvre
- Small adjustments can be made without sudden and sharp movements
- Operator comfort is ensured with a spring-loaded platform and finger-tip throttle control
- Simple flick of a lever engages the strong, two-circuit vacuum suction, without the need for adjustments through pulling or pushing
- Lifting points on the machines facilitate transportation by truck or trailer
- Fully serviced and subjected to a strict safety check after every hire
- Alternative suction discs are available for handling materials such as granite, wood and steel plates
Kennards Lift & Shift operates hire centres in Brisbane, Sydney, Wollongong, Melbourne, Adelaide and Perth.