Philips Vari-Lite introduces the new VL3015, VL3015LT and VL3515 Spot luminaires featuring 1500W lamps.
Bob Schacherl, Philips Vari-Lite Vice President of Sales and Marketing explains that the introduction of the new spot luminaires follows the release of their 1500W VL3500 Wash luminaires.
Responding to requests from designers and dealers who wanted a similar 1500W platform for the spot luminaires, Philips built upon the product features of the VL3000 Spot and VL3500 Spot from their automated lighting range to create the new VL3015, VL3015LT and VL3515 Spot luminaires.
The three new Spot luminaires use the double-ended 1500W lamp that has been so effective and reliable in their large format wash luminaires. All three models include CYM colour mixing, variable CTO colour temperature correction, gobo/effects wheels, and ultra-fast strobe mechanisms.
Key features of the new Philips Vari-Lite 1500W Spot luminaires:
- VL3015 and VL3515 feature 6:1 zoom optics system, while the VL3015LT has a 10:1 zoom optics system
- VL3015 and VL3515 have a six-position colour wheel, and VL3015LT utilises two five-position colour wheels
- Additional four-blade shutter mechanism in the VL3515 allows the blades to be operated independently or in unison for a clear image
- Standard dual reflectors in VL3015 and VL3515 allow users to choose between peaked (24,900 lumens) or flat field beam (22,000 lumens)
- Precision glass reflector system with dichroic cold mirror coating in VL3015LT allows over 40,000 lumens of output
- Independent, drop-in rotating armature in VL3015LT capable of holding a 5-facet prism or included frost glass
is a leading distributor of a wide range of professional lighting systems as well as sound and staging equipment.