Jands specialises in an advanced range of lighting control equipment for multiple applications.
Philips Vari-Lite has announced the availability of the new VL550 Wash and VL1100 ERS luminaires.
The new VL550 and VL1100 series luminaires feature design enhancements to provide a quieter and smoother operation, while maintaining the power and performance of their predecessors.
Each series now offers a 315W ceramic discharge lamp model, further demonstrating the Philips Vari-Lite commitment to being a market leader in eco-friendly lighting technology.
Bob Schacherl, Vice President of Sales and Marketing says that by introducing these latest improvements in the VL550 and VL1100 luminaires, Philips are ensuring the sustainability of the product lines in addition to strengthening their commitment to environment-friendly green entertainment lighting technology without sacrificing the performance expected from a Vari-Lite luminaire.
Key features of the Vari-Lite luminaires
- VL550 Wash luminaire retains the Emmy award-winning VL5 Wash luminaire design with significant design improvements including a 50 kHz drive system that silences the operation of all two-phase motors in the fixture
- The luminaires are available in the VL550, VL550D, VL550CD and VL550 80V models
- The VL550CD model utilises a 315W ceramic discharge lamp that offers the colour temperature of tungsten, a high CRI and an incredibly long-rated lamp life of 8,000 hours
- All models of the VL1100 luminaire will also have a new 50 kHz drive system that silences the operation of all 2-phase motors
- New, 3-phase, ultra quiet stepper motors provide a smooth timed continuous pan-and-tilt motion
- New central bearing system in the gobo wheel reduces noise and ensures smooth operation
- The VL1100 luminaire series includes VL1100 Arc, VL1100 Tungsten and VL1100CD models
- The VL1100CD model also utilises a 315W ceramic discharge lamp for an 8,000-hour lamp life with more than 8,000 lumens of output and a high CRI