The current work-from-home situation presents a real challenge, especially for people in the architecture and building industry. However, the extra time is also a great opportunity for learning and knowledge enhancement through continuing professional development.
James Hardie Australia is organising a series of online CPD courses that will allow participants to boost their CPD hours at home.
These online CPD courses are available for practices at a date and time convenient to their teams. Alternatively, participants can simply join one of James Hardie’s national CPD presentations.
The following CPD course is presented by James Hardie product manager Timothy Elliott.
Topic: Managing water and condensation
Dates: Thursday 11th June, 1pm and Friday 26th June, 1pm.
Overview: This CPD discusses the impact of water and condensation on the building fabric and cladding within Australia, leading to massive defects. Learn the importance of good water management in compliance with the building code. Know more about the underlying causes and resultant problems, and how to test and design buildings to prevent the issue.
Learning outcomes: After completing this course, attendees will be able to:
- Understand good water management in compliance with the Building Code of Australia (NCC)
- Understand the elements of a façade and cladding system and estimate the risk level of façade design and site conditions
- Know the conditions and forces that drive rain into a building and how to test for weather tightness
- Understand what is condensation, the types and what causes it
- Choosing materials and construction methods to manage condensation over the life of the building
- Understand the new Vapour Permeable classifications in AS4200 and NCC 2019 updates