An energy efficient home means making the most of free natural heating, cooling and lighting, as well as utilising efficient design principles and building materials.
According to the Government of South Australia
website, an energy efficient home:
- costs no more to build than a conventional home
- is more comfortable and easier to maintain
- has reduced energy bills
- has reduced greenhouse gas emissions
There are many factors to consider when designing an energy efficient home. This includes:
- insulating your home
- installing glazed windows or skylights
- landscaping to maintain comfortable temperatures around your home
- cross ventilation and draught-proofing
Sun shades plays a big part in keeping homes cooler in summer. It reduces the heat entering the home, therefore reducing reliance on air-conditioning.
Issey Sun Shade Systems
have been providing Australians with the finest quality sun shades and shade awnings for more than 25 years. Issey provide a large range of external and retractable awnings and blinds that define the Australian sun shade standard.
Sunshades and shade awnings engineered to cater to individual needs, tastes and styles
For more than 25 years, Issey has been developing, designing, manufacturing, installing and maintaining their world-class products.
- Laguna: retractable folding arm awning provides overhead protection from heat and glare
- Dakota: retractable folding arm awning for smaller entertainment areas
- Vertiroll: tensioned vertical screen acts as a sunshade for the sides of patios and pergolas and can also act as a wind and rain barrier
- Maxisun: retractable roof with fixed tracks, ideal for shading pergolas or outdoor areas
- Flyloc: revolutionary screen which serves as protection from heat, glare, UV radiation, wind and rain, in addition to its function as an insect screen
- Issiroll: external window blind stops heat and glare from entering the home while maintaining unobstructed views
- Unicom: retractable drop arm awning for verandas, doors and upper windows
- Rollerfall: retractable waterfall window awning for sunrooms
- FTS: tensioned retractable awning for effective shading of skylights or other large structures
- Microsun: for internal or external retractable blind for small skylight applications
Issey recently showcased its Rollerfall range at DesignBUILD 2012
which Nicholas Hudson, Issey's Sales Manager (NSW/VIC) said provides "visibility, not losing their view, but still reducing heat, reducing glare and creating greater comfort within their home."