AkzoNobel Powder Coatings is proud to produce high quality powder coatings, which are basically solvent free paints offering an environmentally friendly coating option for use on everything from alloy wheels and aluminium windows, to microwave ovens and office furniture.
Powder coating is an environmentally friendly coating material with many advantages. Essentially paint in a powdered form, powder coating is electrically charged as it is sprayed onto a surface which is then baked in an oven, where the powder particles melt and fuse into a smooth coating. The result is an attractive, durable, environmentally safe and uniform finish.
Particular advantages of choosing powder coating over conventional liquid coatings include:
- no volatile organic compounds
- no solvents
- reduced fire risk
- reduced risk in application
- reduced risk in disposal of waste
- less waste
- extraction systems gather most excess powder making recycling easy
- shorter processing times as articles pass directly to the oven
- reduced health risks for operators with fewer hazardous materials and easy wash off
- powders can be cured at lower temperatures for lower energy consumption
- higher chemical/physical resistance reduces cost and fuel consumption involved in transportation and storage.