The Kitchen and Bathroom Designers Institute (KBDi) provides recognised accreditation, quality training, continuing professional development and a supportive network for Australian kitchen and bathroom designers.
It is Australia’s only specialist association for bathroom designers and kitchen designers and is the place to find a designer who can work with you to get the best results and turn your dreams into reality.
The KBDi has chapters located around Australia who provide members with Certification, (CKD Au, CBD Au), Professional Development, and networking opportunities.
Membership is open to anybody with a genuine interest in kitchen design and bathroom design. Students just starting out and experienced professionals are all encouraged to join up.
What does KBDi do?
What does certification involve?
- Through regular articles, advertisements, and other promotional activities, KBDi promotes the benefits of dealing with their members as opposed to non-certified practitioners.
- Through their website, KBDi offers a place where good, reliable designers can be found.
- KBDi certification of Certified Kitchen Designer (CKD) and/or Certified Bathroom Designer (CBD) recognises excellence in kitchen and bathroom design. It is available to members who meet the criteria and is maintained through continuing professional development.
- KBDi is recognised by industry as the premiere organisation for designers to belong to. Sponsors regularly recommend KBDi as the destination for those designers seeking credibility.
- There is a quarterly events program across Australia. These are great opportunities to network with peers, the interior design and architectural communities and suppliers.
- KBDi issues a fortnightly E-mag to over 5500 recipients, while members receive a quarterly exclusive Members Journal.
- The KBDi annual Kitchen and Bathroom Designer awards, exclusive to KBDi members, are recognised across Australia as the premiere awards programme for designers.
- Each year there is an International Designers Tour. These are guided tours to the world’s major kitchen and bathroom shows.
- Members receive preferential offers from Designer Training, Australia’s only specialist registered training organisation in the Kitchen and Bathroom sector. This includes discounts or government assistance where available.
KBDi Accredited Designer Members are required to engage in Continuing Professional Development (CPD) to maintain their accreditation which is renewed on an annual basis.
CPD provides a way to maintain the highest standards through engaging in ongoing learning activities to keep up to date with industry practices, building codes, consumer trends and new product developments.