Experts from all over the world who are concerned with current questions of architecture and city development will be addressing such issues and answering questions on them at BAU 2013
The world’s leading trade fair for architecture, materials and systems will be held in Munich, Germany 14-19 January 2013.
Famous architects like Patrick Schumacher, Stefan Behnisch or Werner Sobek will represent their point of views and report from their practical work. With this unique opportunity, BAU is presenting real added value from which every BAU visitor can benefit.
Several forums will be held to discuss factors and themes that will be having a significant impact on the future of building, architectural and urban planning sectors, including:
- Infrastructure and the urban environment
- Planning processes
- Parametric design and the role of computers in architecture
- The roles of the architect now and in the future
- Environment and sustainability
- Energy generation and energy efficiency in Germany, Europe and the world
There are currently 1,881 exhibitors registered for the event, with some companies currently being represented or have distribution networks in Australia.
Such companies include:
- ACO: Currently listed under ACO Polycrete , the ACO Group is a multinational company specialising in the manufacture of polymer concrete, cast iron and plastics.
- Alcoa Architectural Products: Alcoa ’s Australian operations represent the world’s largest integrated bauxite mining, alumina refining, aluminium smelting and rolling system and operating the country’s largest aluminium recycling plant.
- Altro Ltd: Its Australian operations, Altro Building Systems , supply cavity sliders and doors, concealed sliding door tracks, aluminium doors, invisible hinges with 3D adjustment and flush aluminium door jambs.
- Amtico International: Amtico International provides a versatile and extensive range of flooring solutions to complement any commercial and residential project.
- Assa Abloy: Recently voted in the top 100 of Infolink's Top Trusted Brands 2012 survey, Assa Abloy is the global leader in door opening solutions in the fields of access control, identification technology, automatic doors and hotel security.
- Autodesk: Autodesk contniues its strong presence in Australia by servicing various industries, including Architecture, Engineering and Construction; Automotive and Transportation; Education; Utilities and Telecommunications; Manufacturing; Media and Entertainment
- Bosch: With its Australian and New Zealand headquarters in Victoria, Bosch distributes products from a portfolio comprising automotive spare parts; power tools; household appliances; security systems, Thermotechnology – gas hot water and heating systems; Solar Energy (PV Panels)
- Bostik: Bostik Australia is one of the largest adhesive and sealant companies in the world today, designing, manufacturing and marketing adhesives, sealants and coatings to the industrial, construction, home/office/school industry.
- Buzon Pedestal International: Currently represented in Australia by Pasco Construction Solutions , Buzon Pedestal Systems include adhesives, waterproofing membranes, sealants, floor sealers, epoxies, concrete repair products, drainage cells, fire protection products, flashing, primers and much more.
- C.R. Laurence of Europe Ltd: C.R. Laurence Australia design, engineer, and manufacture a wide variety of architectural hardware, including commercial and residential architectural railings, hardware for "all-glass" commercial entrances, transaction hardware, and frameless shower door hardware
- Colt International: 100% owned by the global Colt Group , the company provides energy efficient green products and solutions such as Operable Natural Window and Aluminium Louvred Ventilators, Fixed Sunshades, Sun Tracking and Energy Generating Solar Shading systems, Screening and Performance Louvres, and Industrial Evaporative Coolers.
- Dorma: Recently voted in the top 100 of Infolink's Top Trusted Brands 2012 survey, Dorma Australia provide total door solution packages, specialising in the design and manufacture of automatic swing and sliding doors, movable walls, room dividing systems, door closers, locks, levers, glass fittings and accessories
- Du Pont de Nemours: CASF Australia is the national supplier of DuPont Corian solid surfaces, benchtop and cladding solutions for residential and commercial projects.
- FLIR Systems: FLIR provides a wide range of infrared video cameras, thermal imaging cameras and other infrared security cameras.
- Forbo Flooring: Recently voted in the top 100 of Infolink's Top Trusted Brands 2012 survey, Forbo Flooring Systems is a global player in high-quality commercial and residential floor coverings, focusing on environmentally friendly, functional and design-oriented floors.
- Hafele: Hafele Australia recently secured its spot in the top 10 of Infolink's Top Trusted Brands 2012 survey. Hafele provide furniture fittings, sliding and folding door hardware, shopfront and partition door hardware, electronic locking systems and kitchen cabinet accessories.
- ITW: ITW Polymers and Fluids is a leading manufacturer of quality branded consumable products used in the industrial, consumer, mining, automotive, and construction markets.