World-leading specialist in non-destructive testing technologies, Olympus NDT introduces the Magna-Mike 8600 Hall Effect thickness gauge designed for accurate measurement of the thickness of thin-walled items such as blow-moulded plastic bottles.
The Magna-Mike 8600 is a portable thickness gauge that utilises a magnetic method to make reliable thickness measurements on non-ferrous materials. The high versatile magnetic thickness gauges can be used in a wide range of applications including measurements of thermoformed plastic trays, extruded tubing and automotive tear seams in addition to glass and composites, as well as any non-ferrous metals, such as aluminium, brass, copper and titanium with a thickness range from 0.001mm to 25.4mm.
The Magna-Mike 8600 is also ideal for applications with complex geometry where ultrasonic thickness measurements are difficult or impossible.
The Magna-Mike 8600 magnetic thickness gauge offers simple operation with the magnetic probe held or scanned on one side of the test material while a small target ball is placed on the opposite side or dropped inside a container. The probe's Hall Effect sensor measures the distance between the probe tip and the target ball, which is instantly displayed as an easy-to-read digital thickness reading.
Key features of Magna-Mike 8600 magnetic thickness gauge:
- Straight and angled magnetic probes with replaceable wear caps increase durability and reduce replacement costs
- Expanded assortment of magnetic and non-magnetic steel target balls, discs and wire targets
- Non-destructive measurement capabilities allow for pinpoint thickness readings in tight corners and grooves
- Powerful standard thickness measurement functions such as minimum and maximum scan, and strip chart view
- Colour LCD display with full VGA resolution provides superior readability
- Simple keypad makes it easy to access important functions
- USB, RS-232, and VGA outputs for connection to external displays
- Internal data logger provides onboard storage of thickness data of more than 475,000 thickness readings in various file formats
- MicroSD card slot for additional storage and data
- WinXL interface program included to allow thickness readings to be sent directly to an Excel spreadsheet
This feature is presented by Infolink