International linear lighting specialist Klik Systems introduces a new range of LED downlights to its award-winning LEDPOD family.
Specified for use on many projects around the world including bridges and transport hubs, the LEDPOD range of rail lights was used extensively at Melbourne’s Carrum Foreshore, and at the University of Western Sydney.
Recognising the need for an extended range of specialised IP-rated LED downlights, Klik Systems launched the new LEDPOD XL in association with Wagner Architectural Systems USA at the Light Fair International 2013 event held recently in Philadelphia. Klik Systems has been working closely with Wagner since 2012, specifically for the distribution of LEDPOD rail lights across the USA.
LEDPOD XL allows designers to install the downlight within structural elements of buildings, facades, overhead walkways, or any area needing a robust recessed LED downlight with an IP65 rating.
Key advantages of LEDPOD XL LED downlights:
- Can be installed on curved structural elements from a radius of 50mm to 170mm, and onto flat surfaces
- Compact size makes the fitting virtually invisible
- Simple installation with a swing out clamping mechanism retaining the fixture on steel, aluminium, plasterboard or timber, and a plug and socket electrical connection
- Operates on a 24V constant voltage circuit with individual drivers attached to each LEDPOD XL
- Design limits any failure to a single luminaire
- DALI 1-10V or DMX control
- Multiple LED colours available from 3000K through to a fully controlled RGB/W DMX- RDM system
- Precision optics ensures no light pollution ruins natural environments
- Different beam configurations and optics in both symmetrical and asymmetrical distributions
- Mounted on a thermally efficient heat sink for excellent heat dissipation
- Wide range of lumen packages from 300lm up to 1000lm
The original Klik LEDPOD won the IES Luminaire Design Award for Excellence in 2011, and was designed for the underside of handrails, focusing light downwards on steps and paths, effectively lighting stairs and walkways with vertical illumination while minimising glare.
The LEDPOD lights are particularly useful in areas where no overhead lighting is possible.
This feature is presented by Infolink