The 16th International Passive House Conference 2012 will be held in Hannover, Germany in May 2012.
A major event for Passive House experts in the world, the Conference will include 16 sessions, 90 presentations and various workshops in addition to programmes such as Manufacturers’ Exchange, Passive House Exhibition with Manufacturers’ Forum, Forum for Craftsmen and excursions.
According to the newly released Conference Programme, the 16th International Passive House Conference will cover a whole range of solutions for energy efficient construction and renovation made possible by the Passive House Standard.
Presentations will be made by leading speakers about the latest developments relating to energy efficient construction during 16 bilingual sessions. The focus of this year's Conference will be on refurbishment, non-residential buildings, ventilation and implementation in hot or particularly cold climates.
Dr Wolfgang Feist, Director of the Passive House Institute and a Professor at the University of Innsbruck (Austria) comments that the EU Buildings Directive poses a major challenge for the construction industry with all new builds in Europe required to be ‘nearly zero energy buildings’ by 1 January 2020.
He adds that the Passive House Standard plays a decisive role in the implementation of this directive by offering a convenient, cost-effective and proven solution for climate protection.
The International Passive House Association iPHA estimates that there are more than 32,000 Passive Houses all over the world.
The Passive House Institute and ‘proKlima – Der enercity-Fonds’, the organisers of the event are expecting over 1,300 Conference participants in Hannover from all over the world.
Key programmes at the 16th International Passive House Conference 2012:
16th International Passive House Conference with Exhibition
- Introductory seminar about the Passive House Standard for beginners on 2 May 2012 in German or English
- English language workshop ‘Passive House components across the globe’ on 3 May 2012, organised in collaboration with manufacturing companies participating in the Components Exhibition
- Passive House Exhibition featuring over 100 leading suppliers of Passive House components
- Manufacturers' Forum on 4 and 5 May, a lecture programme with experts and manufacturers sharing their expertise on subjects ranging from architecture to certification
- Forum for Craftsmen, a special lecture event on 4 May featuring practice-oriented short presentations on tasks carried out by craftsmen during the construction of energy efficient buildings
- Conference: Friday and Saturday, 4 and 5 May 2012
- Excursions: Sunday, 6 May 2012
- Framework program events beginning on 2 May 2012
- Venue: Hannover Congress Centrum HCC, Theodor-Heuss-Platz 1-3, 30175 Hannover
- Conference languages: German and English with all lectures in German to be translated simultaneously into English