HP announced the winners of the 2nd HP Digital Print Awards (Asia Pacific and Japan) – HP Scitex with gold awards going to companies from Australia, India, Korea and China.
The 2nd 2011 HP Digital Print Awards (Asia Pacific and Japan) – HP Scitex recognises outstanding achievements, innovations and contributions by Print Service Providers (PSPs) across Asia Pacific and Japan.
The results were officially announced during the gala dinner in Shanghai, held in conjunction with the 19th Shanghai International Advertising & Sign Technology & Equipment Exhibition.
The two Australian companies that took out gold awards included Cactus Imaging in the Outdoor Advertising category and Next Printing in POP Advertising.
Winning entries were selected based on criteria such as the degree of innovation and creativity, marketing appeal, best use of ink and colours, creative print application installation and overall aesthetics in the five key categories of Transit Graphic, Interior Advertising, Outdoor Advertising, POP Advertising and Green Digital Printing.
- Transit Graphic: Vehicle wraps and fleet graphics
- Interior Advertising: Point-of-sale materials, interior signage, and floor or wallpaper graphics
- Outdoor Advertising: Building wraps, billboard signage, floor graphics, backlit signage and textile graphics (flags and banners)
- Printing on Rigid Substrates: Any decorative printing on rigid substrates such as glass, ceramic or wood
- Green Digital Printing: Print jobs done using a combination of dye-based, latex inks or UV inks as well as environment-friendly, recyclable printing substrates such as non-PVC-based banners, cotton-based fabrics and recycled paper
According to Martin Carballo, Director, HP Scitex – Graphic Solutions Business, Imaging and Printing Group, HP Asia Pacific and Japan, the high quality of the entries reflects the industry’s progress in the use of digital printing.
Gold awards at the 2nd HP Digital Print Awards (Asia Pacific and Japan) – HP Scitex went to companies hailing from India, Korea, Australia and China. Thailand, Philippines, Hong Kong, Pakistan and Singapore were recognised for their submissions.
Gold award winners also included A Plus Digital from India in the Transit Graphic category, Chunsung Adcom from Korea in the Interior Advertising category and Hangzhou Soyang from China in the Green Digital Printing category.
The Platinum Award winner from across all the categories will be announced during Dscoop Asia’s gala dinner event on 23rd August at Resorts World Sentosa, Singapore.
Judging was conducted by a panel of internationally renowned judges from the graphic arts, signage and media industries. They included:
- Chris Thomas, Chairman and CEO, BBDO/ Proximity Asia
- Stan Kilpin, Publisher, Digital Image Magazine
- Ivy Liang, Vice President, Marketing, HP Imaging and Printing Group, Asia Pacific and Japan
- Horacio Eduardo Miranda Ortiz, Marketing, HP Imaging and Printing, Asia Pacific and Japan