Hebel is launching a new range of lighter weight AAC panels that offers a faster and better way to build.
At 20% lighter, the re-engineered PowerPanel XL Autoclaved Aerated Concrete (AAC) panels from Hebel will enable easier and faster installation for builders. The construction process is further streamlined with the panels featuring a pre-drilled top hat and easier-to-fix screws that all combine to achieve a faster installation time.
The PowerPanel XL launch will be supported by a customised road show across Australia, giving tradesmen, distributors and builders the opportunity to get a close-up look at the new system and better see product benefits in on-site install demonstrations. The extensive Hebel PowerPanel XL display is contained within a dedicated and Hebel branded semi-trailer that includes a product display, graphic and video presentations, and giveaways.
The Hebel PowerPanel XL Road Show will make its first stop at the Adelaide Showground on Tuesday 18th June. The tour then continues onto Melbourne in late June, Sydney and Brisbane in July, followed by a significant regional schedule to country centres during August and September.
Hebel Marketing Manager, David Richardson explains that the road show allows them to showcase the PowerPanel XL product to customers and users while also allowing them to have a hands-on introduction to the unique features and advantages of PowerPanel XL.
The Hebel system is Autoclaved Aerated Concrete (AAC) manufactured from sand, cement, recycled material, lime, gypsum and aerating agents. It is specially wet moulded to create the aerated structure, semi-cured so it can be handled and cut to shape in various lengths and profiles, then finally fully cured in a steam pressure autoclave to create the hard, finished AAC material. A 3000mm PowerPanel is equivalent in area to approximately 93 standard bricks.
Used in Australian homes for more than 20 years, Hebel offers several advantages to the user.
Key features and benefits of Hebel PowerPanel XL AAC panels:
- 75mm thick panel offers up to 5 times the insulation R-value of traditional 110mm house bricks
- Thermal resistance and thermal mass allow a comfortable and efficient living environment
- Allows flexibility in design, adding colour and flair to a facade, entry or feature wall
- Meets and exceeds BCA’s minimum energy requirements
- Low embodied energy masonry material with Good Environmental Choice Australia (GECA) accreditation
- 20% lighter construction allows faster and easier panel installation compared to traditional brick and mortar construction
- Available in panels of various sizes
- Reinforced with steel
- Highly fire resistant
- High acoustic absorbing properties
- Offers high energy efficiency, reducing the reliance on heating and cooling appliances