Accor Vacation Club’s recent refurbishment program at the Turtle Beach Resort on the Gold Coast in Queensland incorporated kitchen and bathroom fittings from the GWA Group .
The Turtle Beach Resort has been renovated to meet the group’s new ‘Resort Series’ brand standard.
With an environmental upgrade in its new design, Accor selected GWA Bathrooms & Kitchens, Australia’s leading supplier of high quality and environment-friendly fittings and fixtures for the kitchen and bathroom retrofits.
The bathrooms have been fully redesigned with a feature shower wall and in-built vanity shelf, semi-frameless shower screens and frameless mirrors used to blend in with the contemporary nature of the bathroom furniture and fittings.
Advanced water efficient flush systems and reduced flow tapware from GWA have been installed throughout the apartments to achieve water conservation.
Brand new tiles, carpets, kitchens and bathrooms, furniture and curtains as well as new appliances are part of the newly refurbished apartments at Turtle Beach Resort. In-room appliances have been reduced through the use of smart technology. Additionally, all electrical items meet a desired energy rating while all lighting has been converted to energy efficient LED and fluorescent systems to achieve a lower carbon footprint.
Darin Nielson, Senior Property Manager, Accor Vacation Club explains that the resort hosts a number of families, making water efficiency and water savings the key goals of the refurbishment project. Additionally, the fittings needed to be hardwearing to last a long time while still retaining a stylish and modern appearance.
Highlights of GWA’s bathroom and kitchen fittings for the resort project:
- Dorf Minko shower systems combine European quality and finish with an Oriental-influenced design
- Showers are paired with Minko shower mixers and Minko basin mixers as well as Minko bathroom accessories for a coordinated look
- Minko shower has a 3-Star WELS rating and Minko basin mixer has a 5-Star WELS rating
- Caroma Metro wall faced toilet suites combine contemporary design and practicality with a stylish flush-fitting installation
- Caroma’s Smartflush water saving technology achieves a 4-star WELS rating
- Caroma Liano above counter vanity basins feature minimalist, architectural styling with a generous bowl area and distinctive tapware platform
- Irwell Yukon kitchen sink mixers feature a flat lever handle for easy operation and have a 4-Star WELS rating
Commenting on the upgrade, Mr Ed Callander, GWA Bathrooms & Kitchens Sales Manager for Sustainability, Healthcare and Government in Queensland said that Accor’s practical approach to the retrofit and redesign project will assist in reducing ongoing maintenance costs, and ensure sustainability.