Australia’s leading supplier of fittings and fixtures for the kitchen and bathroom, GWA Group
was chosen as a supplier for Mirvac’s Rhodes Waters Edge residential development.
GWA Group supplied its market-leading water and energy efficient fixtures and fittings for the development’s kitchens, bathrooms and laundries.
Located in the landmark Rhodes Waterside precinct, the Waters Edge residential development demonstrates Mirvac’s exceptional award-winning standard of design, superior building quality and environmental sustainability.
Several environmentally sustainable design principles were employed including energy and water consumption efficiency to minimise energy use and long-term carbon footprint. For instance, all common property landscaped areas are connected to a district recycled water system for irrigation, as are the apartments for use in laundries and toilets to reduce water usage. Hot water is provided by a centralised, energy efficient natural gas hot water system.
GWA Bathrooms and Kitchens supplied a full schedule of fixtures and fittings including low water use appliances such as dual flush toilets, low flow taps and pressure controlled shower heads in addition to bath tubs and basins.
According to Mirvac Design’s Senior Interior Designer, Michelle Astudillo, GWA products were selected for the Rhodes Waters Edge apartments to achieve a balance between function and aesthetics. GWA fixtures and fittings assisted in meeting the sustainable design requirements for the development while also delivering a stylish look with their clean lines and modern feel.
Michelle adds that GWA, as a trusted Australian brand in bathroom, kitchen and laundry products have been providing products for Mirvac developments for many years, delivering an exemplary level of service, innovative product design, reliability of supply and product durability.
GWA products supplied for Mirvac’s Rhodes Waters Edge project:
- Irwell’s WELS 5 Star rated pin lever basin mixer featuring solid brass construction, stunning chrome finish and ergonomically designed lever for easy control of hot and cold water flow
- Caroma Liano inset vanity basin featuring strong square angles, slim walls and softened edges with a generous bowl area and a flush fitting plug and waste
- Stylus Venecia WELS 4 Star rated close coupled toilet suite featuring a chrome plated push button atop the dual flush cistern, easy to clean rounded surfaces combined with smooth, curved edges
- Stylus Maxton bath featuring a distinctive square design and integrated armrests for added comfort
- Caroma’s Retro shower head made from durable solid brass with a brilliant chrome finish and offering 3-star WELS rating
- Clark Eureka cabinet and deep bowl tub for apartment laundries featuring a rust-proof white Permacoat finish and child resistant latch
- Caroma Retro basin set paired with the tub and achieving a WELS 5 star rating