Caredesign, division of Enware Australia , have announced the new Carekit toilet kit that makes it easy for restaurants, hotels and hospitality venue operators to comply with laws requiring accessible toilets for people with infirmities and disabilities.
The new Carekit from Caredesign combines all the components needed for a unisex accessible disabled toilet in non-residential buildings, according to the requirements of the Building Code of Australia.
Tim Knowles, National Product Manager of Caredesign, said that instead of having to go out shopping for all the individual components that can go into one of these facilities, the new Luxury Carekit Accessible Toilet rolls them up into one practical package.
The Luxury Carekit is designed to create an up-market accessible toilet solution combining practicality and high quality finishes and which fully complies with AS1428.1, the Building Council of Australia and the Disability Discrimination Act.
The Luxury Carekit actually saves money and time for owners and their designers by combining in the one palletised pack the multiple items that would usually have to be sourced from multiple suppliers. It is a real help for people who are short of time and who may be unfamiliar with the exact regulatory requirements they have to meet.
Featuring electronic touch-activated flushing technology, sensor-activated tapware and attractive powder-coated aluminium grab rail, the new Luxury Carekit complements Caredesign’s Standard Carekit and is also supplied in a convenient single palletised pack.
The luxury Carekit comprises:
- Wall-faced Care pan, either S trap pan (CARE500S) or P trap pan (CARE500P)
- Dania Care toilet seat – single flap. Flat profile Dania seats are extra-strong and ergonomically designed to meet the various requirements of different users
- Toilet pan infill that neatly conceals any unsightly gap between the pan and the wall
- Convenient touch-activated flushing system with half or full flush options
- Wall-mounted single tap-hole basin with integral trap
- Sensor-activated hands-free basin tap with WELs four-star rating, combining water conservation with optimum hygiene
- Slip-resistant angled grabrail of 33mm diameter and with tactile powder lacquer finish
- Available in left and right hand versions
Caredesign’s Luxury Carekit is designed from the outlet to comply with Australian Standard 1428.1 relating to the safety of people with disabilities. Standard 1428.1 also requires that when more than one unisex accessible toilet is installed within a facility, there must be both left and right-handed designs, to provide a choice of transfer side. As a result, the Carekit is designed to suit both left and right hand applications.