The booming construction industry offers tremendous scope for employment
and career growth. Being the nation’s third largest employer, the building and
construction industry offers many opportunities to both skilled and unskilled
labourers. Now is the right moment to consider career opportunities that will
provide greater scope to expand both knowledge and skill.
Lightweight construction is an important segment within the building and
construction industry. Ryan Steyn from lightweight construction specialist Empower Construction says the lightweight sector particularly offers substantial
opportunity for qualified builders to expand their skills and knowledge, corresponding
to the evolving developments in both materials and applications. Being a lightweight
construction specialist also broadens one’s scope within the construction
7 benefits of moving into the
world of lightweight construction
1. Being lightweight, the material is so much easier to lift and work
with than traditional materials.
2. Construction time is quicker, allowing the contractor to move onto
the next project sooner.
3. It’s cleaner to work with than traditional materials, minimising the clean-up
4. Growing industry preference for lightweight construction materials
5. Environmentally sound materials and production methods.
6. Evolving segment with new products and new ways to work with them entering
7. Lightweight construction industry is set to boom for these reasons plus
fire retardant properties, better installation and cost effectiveness.