Available now from Elmich Australia , TurfPave XD is a lightweight, high strength interlocking plastic grass paver designed to create stable grassed areas where pedestrian and vehicular traffic is expected.
TurfPave XD plastic grass pavers have a porous structure, allowing rainwater to infiltrate into the ground. Their high load bearing structure protects grass roots against compaction and effectively supports heavy loads. The cells contain notches, have large open base areas, and have high void spaces that promote and ensure healthy root development.
Also suitable for gravel containment, TurfPave XD plastic grass pavers are used in the construction of emergency access, overflow parking, home driveways, golf buggy paths, and for slope stabilisation.
Key benefits of TurfPave XD plastic grass pavers include:
- stabilised turf surfaces protected against erosion
- pleasant alternatives to asphalt and concrete surfaces
- groundwater recharge
- enhanced site appearance through “green” vegetation
- reduced need for stormwater conveyances and treatment systems
- minimised stormwater run-off
- high water permeability
- increased effective useable area.
Key features of TurfPave XD plastic grass pavers include:
- more than 90% unrestricted root base area
- 40mm high cells that enhance vigorous root development
- notches in cells that allow unrestricted runner and root growth
- secure snap-on joining ensuring modules remain in place after installation
- ability to peg the sub-base on slopes and curves
- vertical webs that direct roots downward minimising girdling
- high compressive strength
- flexible connecting grids ensuring modules conform to uneven surfaces
- snap-on joining allowing large panels to be pre-assembled off-site
- modules that allow rapid installation with minimal operator training and tools
- nesting design that halves storage and transport costs.