2008’s Designbuild to be held in Melbourne 15-18 June, will be a landmark event for the Australian building and design industries, according to organisers Diversified Exhibitions Australia .
Designbuild 2008 will be an eco-friendly show, with a major focus on sustainability and green building.
The sustainable building cause will be furthered by providing knowledge at Green Building seminars and inspiration in new product feature areas – Green Building, Green Plumbing and an EcoSpecifier Zone, featuring new green products for the building industry. These green zones will be supported by other product feature zones including windows and glass, finishes and services, building materials and outdoor living.
“Those professionals who have questions or doubt the economic value of sustainable building will have their questions answered, while those already committed to green building will be exposed to some of the latest innovations in the one place, saving valuable time,” said exhibition director, Bill Hare.
“Everywhere you look you’ll discover new thinking to inspire and inform you. It will definitely be the ’must see’ event for the industry this year.”
Designbuild 08 will feature more than 400 exhibitors, including major group stands from Canada, China, Malaysia and Taiwan and international exhibitors from Brazil, Germany, India, New Zealand, Singapore, Spain, Thailand and Turkey.
The following are a random selection of new and recently released products that will be on show this year.
- Tankmasta are launching its new T2 Range of Water Storage Tanks with new moulds designed to create a high level of installation flexibility
- DTAC have stolen the march on the world with the release of recyclable tactiles.
- Air-Cell is introducing Permashield, a 3-in-1 breathable insulation, thermal break and vapour-permeable sarking
- Robert Bosch is showing its 5.5+ star Highflow series energy-efficient water heaters. The Highflow range consists of advanced, continuous flow gas water heaters to be sold in Australia and New Zealand.
- Hordern and Company have screwdrivers. The soft gel handle flexes and distorts under pressure to fit perfectly into the hand
- Ausdrain is displaying EnviroModules – lightweight, durable and high strength cells that enable tank installations on nearly any project, even under car parks and driveways
- Architectural Window Systems are introducing Thermal Heart – the technology at the core of the new Vantage range of thermally-efficient aluminium windows and doors. Released as part of Vantage’s high performance Designer Series, this innovative product range is ideal where minimising cold and heat transfer is a priority
- Studor Australia will be exhibiting its full range of Air Admittance Valves and its P.A.P.A. coupled to a HDPE stack system. This fully Australian Standards approved system allows multi storey buildings to be built to ESDP (Green Star)
- Mondial Tiles Australia is launching two new ranges of timber look a like tiles from Grespania of Spain. The tiles replicate timbers like Merbu, American Oak, Walnut, Chestnut and Brushbox, and in the Tanzania range lime wash timber look in lime, green and white
- Scyon Stria are showing wide cladding board with the classic appeal of decorative render
- Gator Class Clamps will be displaying a new design in frameless glass balustrading fixtures
Green Building Seminars
The Designbuild Green Building Seminars are staged in conjunction with the Australian Architecture Association. Leading-edge practitioners of environmentally sustainable architecture, design, building and construction will speak about the green building revolution.
The full seminar program with speakers and topics is being finalised and will be available shortly. Refer to the Designbuild website for further details.
The program includes an Australian Architecture Association conducted tour of environmentally sustainable buildings in Melbourne led by respected environmental architect Tone Wheeler.
The Green Building Seminars are complemented by a Green Building Zone, with exhibitors showcasing the latest in green building products.
“Designbuild has an enviable reputation of presenting the very latest ideas and products for specifiers and buyers and the number and diversity on offer this year will be exceptional,” said Bill Hare. “If you are in any way involved in the building industry then Designbuild is a must attend event in 2008,” he added.
Supported by major associations
Designbuild is endorsed by industry associations including the Australian Architecture Association, Building Designers Association of Victoria, Master Builders Association, CEDIA, Green Plumbers, Institute of Plumbing Australia, Master Plumbers and Mechanical Services Association of Victoria and the National Precast Concrete Association.
Designbuild Australasia will be staged at the Melbourne Exhibition Centre for the Trade Only from 15 - 18 June 2008.
Opening times: Sunday 15th June 10am - 5pm, Monday 16th June 10am - 5pm,
Tuesday 17th June 12 noon – 9pm (late night) and Wednesday 18th June 10 – 4pm
Visit the Designbuild website for visitor registration, seminar bookings, exhibitor lists and new product showcase.